Tuesday 25 March 2014

It's not easy being a lemon

It’s not easy being a lemon   

getting pushed around by the wind on the trees.
Little kids pulling me and my friends off The family tree.
People pulling faces at me when they drink my juice (I mean I could make some nice lemonade).
Leaving me in the fruit bowl for a week or so which makes my skin get old and wrinkly..
Throwing me out-side where I get hurt and bruised.
Getting left in the fridge for days and days.
Big kids rolling me down the slide throwing me in the sandpit where they build holes and chuck me in there forgetting I’m in there and losing me. I lie down in the sun Where my skin gets yuk sore and burnt.
It’s not easy being a lemon.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that Tessa, especially being pulled off the family Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tessa! You used some great words! I would not want to be a lemon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really enjoyed that story!
    I loved the part at the start!
    Being pulled off the family tree!
    It does not sound easy being a lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ro (Tessa's Mum)31 March 2014 at 00:23

    loved your likening of a lemon to a person and how they would feel, very cleverly written and described creatively. I loved the family tree part, as a lemon's 'family' are the rest of the lemons are on the tree!! Excellent story!

    ReplyDelete